Sunday, February 21, 2010

got that kung fu grip...


So, in yet another way to redefine "30 yr old EJ", I am studying and learning Wing Chun. I wanted to focus my attention on self-improvement and work on my attention to detail-oriented activities.

Jhonphilipp helped encourage such a change in lifestyle by getting me a pair of the raddest shoes ever from a martial arts company Tiger Claw.
(Thanks, J.)

The shoes are so flexible that you can twist and bend the entire sole of the shoe like a bendy straw. It is apparently that way to increase fluid motion and minimalize any abnormal restrictions that other exercise shoes tend to impose.

Anyways, I have been using them around the house for several weeks now and my leg muscles feel tighter (once the constant workout pain goes away) because the curved soles of the shoes force your leg to balance the weight evenly. They're pretty rad. And for $15-$20? They just might replace my standard issue Chucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment